Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Headboard

I finally got pictures of this.  (I don't live in the same town as my family.  Kinda hard to get these from three hours away.)


My dad made this headboard for my youngest sister.  This makes me want to get rid of my bedroom furniture.  (It's not that I don't like it, it's just, well, very storebought matchy-matchy.  Not very creative at all.)


I am sure he was not the designer.  And no, he did not carve inside the squares.  They bought those plaques and added them.


The walls look like a light greyish blue, but actually they are more aqua.  But, to get enough light for you to see the detail on the dark bed, it changed the color.  It's also Venetian plaster, but that is a whole 'nother post...



3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! i love the rustic, kind of indonesian feel to it- very boho chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad definitely was not the designer. That was all me. And I found those plaques at hobby lobby. The whole thing cost less than $200. But, it would be significantly less expensive for a smaller- than- gigantic bed like mine.

    -jo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read comments!