Monday, November 3, 2014

Send a Box of Sunshine

I hate ever having a reason to send this particular type of care package, but sometimes life happens.


I can't think of many things worse than a child being sick enough to require a hospital stay. When a kid you know isn't well, why not brighten their day by sending a box of sunshine? Just fill a box or basket with all sorts of yellow goodies and a card. I found yellow noise putty, moustache lip pops, jacks, a sack of gold mine gum, and yellow candies at Hobby Lobby. Dollar Tree had yellow snacks as well as cards and a sudoku book for mom and dad and other adults. The box was wrapped in yellow paper and mailed to the hospital.

At first, I tried sending something from the hospital gift shop, but there just didn't seem to be anything that this kid would really enjoy. With this care package, there was bound to be something in there he would like with enough to share with siblings and other relatives staying in the hospital with him.

Make someone's day by sending them a box of sunshine!

Just a Girl and Her Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read comments!