Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paper Flower

I noticed today that the flowering trees are starting to bloom.  Yay!  Makes me want to make flowers. 

I love it when the "wrapping" is just as good as the gift.  I made this tag with a flower for my sister for Easter last year.  They make great gifts for teachers, too.  These paper flowers are so easy and can be made with scraps.  I cut several sizes of circles with my Slice machine in two different types of blue paper:  vellum and lightweight cardstock.  Simply crumple up each piece and crinkle.  Flatten back out and distress the edges with a distressing tool (I use Heidi Swapp) that sort of tatters the edges.  (I like that word-tatters-I think I will use that more often.)  The glittery green leaves are from KI Memories, but could be cut easily from green cardstock.  The purple polka dot fabric covered brad is perfect for the center and to hold all of the circles together. I placed the circles a little off center.  It reminds me of Mary Engelbreit that way.
The scallop tag was cut with my Slice machine, also.


And where there are flowers there are butterflies.  Also, cut with the Slice machine.  Have to add some bling to the center and a cute ribbon.  Always a cute ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read comments!