Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Elf Hunt

Sometimes it is really hard to find teeny tiny stuff to fit in the advent calendar. In all of my infinite wisdom, I purchased the really cute advent calendar with the tiniest compartments ever because I thought it would be less expensive to buy miniature things. So not the case.
 

So, little girl had to go on a hunt for her gift as well as the Elf on the Shelf this morning because the gift wouldn't fit behind that miniature door.
 
 
I made clue cards in little envelopes because my daughter is a TSL like me. Tiny Sh@# Lover. Go to www.kellehampton.com to find out more. This is part of why I convinced myself that tiny doors on advent calendars are awesome. But in all seriousness, what is cuter than tiny envelopes? With tiny notecards inside?


 
Nothing, that's what.

 
I wrote clues on the little cards. Micron pens came in handy for writing on these tiny spaces.
 



 
I used mini alpha stamps and red mini glitter numbers.
 
 
Let's face it. This was as much for me as her. I would've LOVED this! I put some snowflake "glitter" (basically confetti) inside each envelope and in front of the final hiding spot. Miniature snowflakes. Love it.
 


 
The last clue led to our elf and a reusable hand warmer-great for cold mornings at the bus stop.
 
*My daughter is old enough to be able to read the clues and figure them out. She is also old enough to know not to climb inside of the dryer. I am not recommending that you send a young child on a hunt to the inside of a dryer. I also followed my child around just to make sure. *
 
Are you a fellow TSL?
 

 
Crafty Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read comments!