Friday, July 25, 2014

Crib Bench

Originally, this bench was going to serve as a drop zone by the back door. We made it not very deep so it would fit in the hallway and hold stuff you need to put down as SOON as you walk in the door so you can run to the bathroom because you waited instead of using the not very clean public restroom. Annnywho, it would have had a coat rack above it.


The house we ended up buying had a built in drop zone (also called a mud room even though it is not a room). So then the bench was supposed to go here. In the alcove by my new front door which is perfect for a bench made from an old crib that I found on the side of the road. (Yes, I did pick it up. Pride is such a silly thing when you think about it.) I had it all planned out in my head. And then we moved it there and realized it is way too long for that spot.


So now it lives on the back patio.


With the cute new pillows my sister got me for my birthday from World Market.


I have to admit, I kinda like it with my pink knockout roses. 
But now I am back to square one with the front door situation. 
As my daughter would say,
Dagnabbit!

Linked up at http://creativecountrymom.com


2 comments:

  1. I love the color and it really does look great by the flowers. Good luck with the entry way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hopefully I will have come up with something by Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read comments!